By Patricia Young.
You’ve done some work on getting clear on what you want, and you feel proud of it and excited about it, but you feel stagnant and frustrated because nothing seems to be working, and no matter what you do, it seems that the universe just doesn’t give it to you. I know the feeling, I’ve been there…
Then maybe you fall into self-doubt, feeling that you don’t have what it takes, feeling impatience, and you even fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others who seem to have their s*it together.
My suggestion is that you lower the volume to the impatience, and the jealousy and shrinking sensation that you feel when you see other people achieving great results, because what you force, and what you judge, you will repel. Yup, you read it right! Once I realized this, things started moving forward!
To make it easier for you, here are some of the main reasons that I have found why we don’t always get what we want. See if any of these speak to you:
- We’re not making the decision – We might be setting intentions, journaling about it, even visualizing it, but we’re not making the “I’m all in” decision. A decision has the *No Matter What* factor that will activate a very powerful shift to the energy that you bring into everything you do. Bear in mind that the lack of decision (staying stuck in indecision) is also a decision, and it can come from not having enough confidence in yourself.
- We’re not taking responsibility – Responsibility is a choice and it is the biggest key to freedom. I once read a quote by Dr. Rollo May that really spoke to me, he said: “The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” If you think about it, it requires great courage to take responsibility for your life. So here’s a little reminder: You are responsible for your own life, your decisions, your emotions, your health, your growth, and every result you get.
- Deep down we don’t believe we’re worthy – Our sense of self-worth is directly related to how we feel about ourselves, and this will determine the decisions we make and if we truly believe that what we want is possible for us. I once read something in A Course in Miracles that really felt like a stab, because it was so true. It said: “Every decision you make stems from what you think you are, and represents the value that you put upon yourself.” The more confidence we have and the more we believe that we’re worthy of having it all in life, the greater our ability to live the life we want.
- We’re not being consistent taking action – You think and talk about what you want, but you’re not consistent when it comes to taking inspired and aligned actions. Take that first baby step and kick fear to the curve! Make a plan to take at least one simple step every day. Collect evidence that you can have it all, and you will feel more inspired.
- We’re not taking different risks – If we haven’t gotten the results we want, we need to look for the lesson, and take different risks. Taking different risks will always bring growth. When you challenge yourself, you grow. If you dream of living your life in a big way, you must accept risk taking as a very real part of the process. Failing will never make you a failure, unless you decide to quit.
One more thing… Have you considered that maybe not getting what you want right now is exactly what you need to grow, and that the challenges are paving the way for you to really be ready to receive that what you most desire? Because here’s the truth, it doesn’t matter how much we pray to get what we want, we won’t get it unless we’re ready to receive it. We really have to become one with the vibration of what we desire, and a lot of times when we get what we want it’s even better than what we were expecting!
So, I invite you to ask yourself: “How is not getting what I want now helping me grow, heal layers of unworthiness, release old stories, and expand my capacity to receive, so I can have it all in life? And how these challenges, and lessons learned can be part of my story, so I can help others?”.
Also, keep this in mind, always honor your own pace, and be aware of your thoughts and the language that you use moment by moment. Celebrate and be grateful for every single piece of evidence that shows up as opportunities knocking on your door out of the blue, like little miracles, and any forward movement, even if it’s tiny!
If you feel stagnant and frustrated, I’m here to help you connect the dots on what is getting in the way! I invite you to schedule a 30-min. Complimentary conversation with me where you can get clarity on where you are now, where you want to be, and we’ll map out a plan on how to turn things around for you! –> Schedule your Complimentary Session
Sign-up for my FREE REPORT in which I share some Treasured Insights about the 7 Steps to Go From Working for a Paycheck to Working for a Mission™ so you can FINALLY live on Purpose.