By Patricia Young.
We all want to live life feeling freedom, passion, joy and meaning. We all have dreams, but many times, with our busy lives, we get too busy going through the motions, we fall into a rut, and tend to settle for less. Some of us go through life on auto-pilot for years, not realizing that we’re living a life that is flat, without growth, expansion, and excitement.
And then, at some point, it hits you! You realize that you don’t know how to feel inspired anymore, you’re confused, and don’t know where to start so you can get your groove back. All you know is that you have this longing for more passion and freedom in life.
Here are 5 tips on how to invite passion and freedom back into your life:
- Listen to your heart – Be honest with yourself, get clear on what you really want, and live life on your own terms, so you write your own story. No one can tell you what your path is. If you don’t currently love what you do, start by making a list of everything that you love or feel passionate about, and take the first baby steps towards a more authentic life. Do the things that you love as much as you can because nothing will bring you more joy, and freedom!
- Don’t settle for less – I’m referring to relationships, jobs, etc. We always have a choice, and when we settle for less, we are making a choice. When we settle and fit in, we’re making choices and living life based on other people’s expectations, what society expects us to do, and there is no way we will be able to live life with passion and freedom if we keep “shoulding” ourselves and playing “safe”.
- Shake things up – When you do things by routine or because you’re supposed to, you’ll feel constricted. Look for ways in which you can be more spontaneous: What can you do differently that will help you to get out of the trance of your routine? We’re meant to be more fluid, spontaneous and in the moment. Try something new or different every day that will add fun and play to your day. By opening up to new ways of doing things or doing new things, you’re opening yourself up to a space of connecting with the freedom and authenticity of your spirit.
- Step out of your comfort zone – Embrace uncertainty, often times what you don’t want is exactly what you need, and what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that you need to set you free. Life is short, so start now. Don’t wait for someday, because someday is not guaranteed. Take consistent baby steps, and choose to embrace life without regrets, so when you look back on your life, you don’t have to think about the could-haves, might-haves, and should-haves.
- Raise your vibration – Feeling uninspired can create a negative cycle, so find ways to raise your energy by moving your body (yoga, dance, hike, walk, run), laughing more (watch a funny movie or videos), connecting with nature (walk barefoot on the beach, hug a tree, lay down on the grass), practicing meditation, writing a gratitude list, etc.
Also, when we feel tired, drained and uninspired, we tend to focus on what we’re missing in life, or what’s not currently working for us. Remember, we need to be more present because we create our future from the present moment. That means that we have to be more aware of our thoughts, the words we use, and the way we talk to ourselves, because so much of our stuckness comes from not being mindful!
One last thing, get support, Coaches, like myself, are experts at helping people find more passion, excitement and freedom in their lives. Chances are that if you’re not living life with passion, meaning and freedom, there are some major blocks that are getting in the way. Getting support, will help you move through those challenges and get accelerated results!
Remember, it all starts with you… To be the person you want to be, and have the life you want to have, you need to allow yourself to flow with life, and give yourself the gift of being willing to step up. Do what needs to get done, so you can reignite the spark of passion and freedom again!
Sign-up for my FREE REPORT in which I share some Treasured Insights about the 7 Steps to Go From Working for a Paycheck to Working for a Mission™ so you can FINALLY live on Purpose.